Locko Park

Locko Park is a privately owned 18th-century country house in Dale Abbey in the borough of Erewash, near Spondon, Derbyshire, England. It is a Grade II* listed building.\nThe estate was acquired by William Gilbert from William Byrde in 1563. The oldest part of the house is the chapel of 1669. The main south facing block of the present house, built about 1725 out of locally-sourced Keuper sandstone for the member of parliament, Robert Ferne, has three storeys and nine bays and a substantial Tuscan porch. The architect is believed to have been Francis Smith of Warwick. The current house was built on or close to the site of a hospital of the Order of St Lazarus of Jerusalem, which was in existence at least as far back as 1296. The order was dedicated... (Read more on Wikipedia)

CONTACT DETAILS

Locko Park
Derbyshire
DE21 7BW

We reccomend that you contact the venue to confirm that a specific work is currently on display before making a special visit.

WORKS IN THE TAX EXEMPT COLLECTION (0)