East Riddlesden Hall

East Riddlesden Hall is a 17th-century manor house in Keighley, West Yorkshire, now owned by the National Trust. The hall was built in 1642 by a wealthy Halifax clothier, James Murgatroyd. There is a medieval tithebarn in the grounds.\nEast Riddlesden Hall perches on a small plateau overlooking a bend in the River Aire on its way downstream from the town of Keighley. Interesting features include well-restored living accommodation on two floors, two Yorkshire Rose windows, walled garden, the ruined Starkie wing and several ghosts (reputedly). A hiding place for Catholic priests was installed during the 16th century.\nThe property was extended and re-built by James Murgatroyd and his wife Hannah, using local Yorkshire stone, in 1648. He also built... (Read more on Wikipedia)

CONTACT DETAILS

East Riddlesden Hall
Yorkshire And The Humber
BD20 5EL

We reccomend that you contact the venue to confirm that a specific work is currently on display before making a special visit.

WORKS IN THE TAX EXEMPT COLLECTION (2)

Portrait of Abraham Fothergill

Portrait of Elizabeth