Glynde Place

Glynde Place is an Elizabethan Manor House at Glynde in East Sussex, England. It is the family home of the Viscounts Hampden, whose forebears built the house in 1569. The adjacent church was built in the eighteenth century.\nIn 1883 the Brand family estate consisted of 8,846 acres (35.80 km2) in Sussex (inherited through the families of Morley and Trevor, and valued at \u00a38,121 a year), 6,658 in Hertfordshire, 3,600 in Essex, 2,081 in county Cambridge, and 978 in Suffolk. (Total 22,163 acres (89.69 km2) worth \u00a324,753 a year) (from John Bateman via The Complete Peerage, G.E.C., volume six, 1926, p289).\nFrom 2008 - 2013, the house was subject to a major renovation, organised by the 7th Viscount Hampden, and funded by the sale of one of the estate... (Read more on Wikipedia)

CONTACT DETAILS

Glynde Place
East Sussex
BN8 6SX

We reccomend that you contact the venue to confirm that a specific work is currently on display before making a special visit.

WORKS IN THE TAX EXEMPT COLLECTION (0)